When it comes to success, there are a ton of different theories out there about how to achieve it, First off, it is important to know what success even is. You can read my article on “What Is Success” by CLICKING HERE (artilce coming soon).
I was reading a book recently titled “The Twelve Universal Laws of Success”. There was a great section in it titled, “9 Rules For Becoming a Success”. These rules can be applied to any area of your life. If you are looking to take charge of your health, start building a business, be a better spouse, parent or child, whatever it is, follow this guide and watch things start to change.
- DO NOT Procrastinate! People have a tenancy to put things off by saying that it is not the right time, or they will make a change when x, y and z happen. Here is a real life example, one that I see on a regular bases. As a Beachbody Coach, I have a lot of people ask me about helping people get fit. They want to join my team and start helping others. They want to start making extra money, BUT……….the majority of the time they do not sign up. Why not? They say that it is not the right time. They say that they need to take care of a few things first. So, what happens. They get busy making excuses, and they never get signed up. For some people, maybe they really have something serious going on. For the majority though, they are just waiting until everything is “perfect” before they get started. If everything was perfect why would they start something new. Just make the decision and join. Another great example is with weight loss. “I’ll start working out when I ……” insert one of 1,000 excuses. No, start working out now, unless the excuse is that a doctor says not to. Take charge of your health NOW!
- Do It NOW! Whatever your goal is, there is something that you can do to work towards it right now. If you goal is to lose weight, get changed and go for a walk. Get rid of the junk food in the house. CLICK HERE and order a Beachbody Challange Pack. Do something RIGHT NOW!!
- Stand on Your Own Two Feet! It is great to find someone that is where you want to be, and to look to them as a mentor. However, know that in the end, you are the only one responsible for your success. If you are trying to lose weight, you are the one that needs to do the workouts, not your trainer. If you ORDER A BEACHBODY PROGRAM, it is up to YOU to do the workout. If you are a Team Beachbody Coach on my team, I am more than happy to teach you what I know and help you build a business, but I am not responsible for you succeeding, YOU are! If you rely on someone else for your success, you will likely be left disappointed, and not learning much at all.
- DO NOT Fear Failure! If you never fail it means that you are never challenging yourself. Every successful person in the world has failed at some point in time, PERIOD! Whether you are trying to get fit, build a business, land a better job, whatever it is, there is a chance that you will fail. BUT, if you keep pushing forward and learn from your mistakes, you have not really failed, and you are definitely NOT a failure. You are on the path of success, so keep going!
- DO NOT Sell Yourself Short! You may not be an expert, you you are one of a kind! You have a special set of talents, you just need to have confidence in yourself. Do not let anybody let you think that you are worthless, ESPECIALLY yourself. You were created by God, and he does not make mistakes. You are who you are, and when you learn to stop selling yourself short and focus in promoting your strengths, your confidence will rise dramatically.