Life is busy, I get it. However, if you are looking to burn away a few extra pounds, maybe tone up a little, there are some little things that you can do. Here are 5 simple ways to burn some extra calories.
- Use The Stairs – You’ve probably heard this 1,000 times, but are you doing it? You don’t even need to go all of the way up or down (assuming you are going multiple floors). Get off of the elevator a floor early and walk the last 1. You need to start somewhere.
- Workout At Work – I’m not saying you start bench pressing your boss. Stand up once in awhile and do a few calf raises, or go for a walk around the office. Get the blood pumping a little. There have been plenty of studies that show sitting all day is horrible for your health. Get up and do something to break up your day a little.
- Park A Ways Away – I’m not saying that you need to park a mile from where you are going. However, don’t stress about needing the closest spot. Park a little ways back (assuming it is a safe area), and get a short walk out of the deal.
- Do Some Yard Work – This was if tough if you don’t have a yard. However, if you do, get out there are do something!
- Commercial Workouts – When you are watching TV, make the most of the commercial breaks. Take a minute or 2 to do some jumping jacks, plank, do a few squats, stretch, something! If you are like me and use Netflix, do it between episodes, or take a break every 20 minutes.
If you are looking for more than just burning a few extra calories, I suggest checking out Beachbody on Demand Here. Get instant access to to hundreds of workouts from some of the world’s top trainers. SIGN UP HERE and get a 14 day FREE trial.