With the vegan lifestyle on the rise, more and more people are searching for Vegan Sources of Protein. Why is it so tough? Well, it is not as hard as you may think.
Why Is It Hard To Find “Complete” Vegan Protein Sources
The reason that vegan have a difficult time finding “complete” protein sources is that most plant based protein sources lack key amino acids required by the body. Meat contains all nine necessary amino acids, which is why it is much easy for meat eaters to get all of the protein that they need. So, how do vegans get enough protein?
Vegan Protein Combining
This is a process that has been around some time. While the details are somewhat debated, the simple truth is that, yes, you need multiple vegan sources of protein in order to get all of the necessary amino acids. What people argue is whether or not you need them all in the same meal, or all in the same day. While it would be most beneficial to get them each meal, it is not required. Your body works with what you give it. If you feed it right, it will be able to run right. When it lacks nutrients, it is not at 100%. If you can find a way to give it all of the protein in 1 meal, why wouldn’t you do that?
There are a few different ways that you can go about getting all of your amino acids in a single meal.
The easiest way is with a Vegan Protein Shake. The clear leader when it comes to that category is Vegan Shakeology. More than just an incredible source of vegan protein, it is a complete meal replacement, or it can make a great snack. Here is a quick video that will show you how Beachbody has revolutionized the way that vegans get their protein!
As you can see, Vegan Shakeology is an incredibly effective way to get all of your vegan protein sources in one convenient shake. One of the other things that really stands out about it is that it tastes GREAT! There are a lot of protein sources out there for vegans that, well, simply taste bad. With Shakeology, you can choose between Tropical and Chocolate. Either way that you go, you are in for a pleasant surprise.
The Bottom Of The Bag Guarantee – Beachbody is so confident in Shakeology that they offer a 30 day money back guarantee. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!
Other Vegan Protein Sources
While there is no question that Vegan Shakeology is the ultimate source of vegan protein, there are other foods out there that will help you get the protein that you need. Remember that the key is getting a variety of them, so that you can get all of the necessary amino acids that your body needs. Here are 5 to help you get started.
- Peanut butter. It is a little high in calories, but has some great protein in it.
- Sunflower seeds. These are a simple little snack that you can carry around. Just don’t spit the seeds where you shouldn’t be. They can get a little messy.
- Peas. Pea protein is a great one, and is actually one of the sources of vegan protein used in Shakeology.
- Whole grain bread. A quick rule of thumb. If you are trying to eat healthier, stick with whole wheat for all of your grain products. They are healthier than white.
- Brown rice. Most people do think of rice as a protein source. IMPORTANT NOTE – Not all rices are created equal. They best rice that you can get for protein is fermented sprouted brown rice. This is also one of the vegan protein sources that Beachbody uses in Vegan Shakeology