6. Get Outside – I know that there are all sorts of awesome pieces of fitness equipment. Sometime you just need to get out and enjoy the sun though. Go for a walk, run, bike ride, swim, something to get you moving around and enjoying the fresh air.
7. Pace Yourself – It is great to get fired up and excited, but you also need to know your limits. If you haven’t run in 6 months, don’t go run 20 miles. Start slow and work your way up. If you don’t, you are risking injury and burnout. How do you pace yourself? I’m glad you asked.
8. Plan It Out – If you are serious about your goal, come up with a plan to accomplish it. Set small goals a long the way. Plan your workouts. IMPORTANT – DO NOT use not having a plan be an excuse to do nothing. If you really want a routine, but can’t come up with one, check out Beachbody’s Fitness Programs. They will give you the what, where, why and when, along with what to eat throughout the whole process.
9. Make It Financial – There are 2 ways you can do this. 1st, make a bet with a friend. This is semi-common, but I am not the biggest fan of it. Instead of paying money by failing, or taking your friends money if you succeed, how about making money helping other people succeed, and of course, succeeding yourself along the way? CLICK HERE to learn more.
10. Dress The Part – You’ve probably heard the saying, “dress for success”. That goes for working out to. Be sure that you have the proper clothing for your workouts. Wearing the wrong thing can limit your movement, make you uncomfortable, or even lead to injury. CLICK HERE to check out some great fitness gear.